What to expect when a tooth is scheduled for extraction?
If your under eight years old, five dollars always works!
Actually, Dr. Coleman will numb the area to lessen any discomfort. After the extraction is completed, you will have a post surgical regimen to follow. Small amounts of bleeding is normal.
It is usually best not to smoke or rinse your mouth vigorously, or drink through a straw for 24 hours. This could dislodge the clot and delay healing.
- If you must rinse after the first few days, gently rinse.
- For pain and swelling apply a cold cloth or ice bag.
- If needed, pain medication is prescribed.
- Brush and floss teeth as usual except the area around the extraction site.
- Follow up with Dr. Coleman if you have any questions or concerns.